- Whereall emotions are processed
- Monitors our environment for danger
- Fearcenter of the brain which makes us quick to respond – Memory part of the brain Where memory occurs
- Where learning occurs
The Limbic System
Deep within the brain is the Limbic System, the part of the brain where emotions come from and is the center of who we are. A fully functioning strong Limbic System depends on our parent’s physical and emotional health – Pre-Essence and once we are able to make our own choices on the foods we choose to eat and how we balance emotional stress – Post Essence for optimal health. Therefore if our upbringing was a healthy, physically and emotionally we then are grounded, stable adults. If a person grew up in an environment which was unpredictable, unloving, stressful can cause damage to the Limbic System and create emotional and hormonal imbalances.
The Limbic System consists of:
- Connected to the autonomic nervous system which regulatesheart beat and blood pressure
- Attentioncenter and cognitive function of the brain.
- Receives sensoryinput from the Thalamus which sends output to several brain areas, such as theHippocampus and Amygdala.
- Involved with memory consolidation process of convertinginformation from short-term to long-term
- Assigns meaning and value to incoming
- Responsiblefor storing and retrieving long term memories information
- Responsible for forming new memories
- Responsible for connecting our emotions
- Responsiblefor sense and sound
Damage to the Hippocampus area of the brain:
- Inability to provide a safe context for
- May have a hard time forming new memories incoming information
- Known as ‘the brain of the brain
- Is the mind/body connection connects the Nervous System to the Endocrine System thru the Pituitary Gland
- Governs all autonomic regulatory activities of the body
- Produces powerful brain hormones which send information and instructions to the entire brain and body
- It maintain *Homeostasis through the Cardiovascular System
- Manages Endocrine Gland hormones levels
- Integrates all of the five sense (taste, touch, sound, smell, sight)
The link between the brain and the nervous system
The Anterior Cingulate Cortex and Hypothalamus, neurons and neurotransmitters travel from the Limbic System to the spinal cord connecting with organs and systems in need.
Damage to the Limbic system creates dysregulation causing a person to be stuck in a loop of fear, anxiety, excessive worry, obsessive compulsive behaviour, depression and other issues now labeled as mental health issues. Many who suffer from childhood trauma are diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder and/or mental illness and it has been shown EEG-Neurofeedback repairs the Limbic system so the person can be who they truly were intended to be before the trauma.
Way Of Life Matters
To know your health you don’t need to be a physician to appreciate, fully experience, or have an in-depth understanding and knowledge of your own body. No one is going to better, or more intimately, understand how you feel physically, mentally or emotionally, than you.Visit our page